12826847

Can i do a check on criminal records

Customer Question

Can i do a check on criminal records

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am business man aka as Tony Russo I am an artist and I am in the process of doing a deal with a company in the States, many years ago I was wrongly accused, the person in question within 12 hours of me being detained went to the police and said she was lying, so just want to know if my record is clean I have never been convicted with anything.

Thanks Tony

You can makle a subject accss request for any information that is held upon you at any police station.

It will cost about £10 and take roughly a week.

Unless this was a very long time ago this should be recorded on your PNC but written in a way that suggests there was no merit to the allegation.

However, the place to start is to get sight of the information and then act thereafter.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thats fine with the £10.00 is there any way you can see anything now, or what do people see if they did a search?

Sorry?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do people know how to get a record

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure what you mean?

Sorry if Im missing the point.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Jo can anybody just check by google search or other services provided online or do they have to do what I'm doing.

No. Nobody can get access to your criminal records save for the police and courts unless you consent.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a kind of rating to a record?

I'm not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you did a check on me now what do you see

Nobody can get access to your criminal records save for the police and courts unless you consent.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks are we going ahead with the £10.00 search.

You can do that by making a subject access request for any information held upon you at any police station.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Thanks you have been very kind.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok will do.

Best of luck.