75100385

In 2007 took out a loan via telephone, 2009 was struck ill

Customer Question

In 2007 took out a loan via telephone, 2009 was struck ill and had to give up work on the grounds of ill health. thought PPI would take care of repaying loan.
then due to illness and only Husbands wage coming in we downsize and sell out beautiful bungalow that we worked all our lives for. It is then that we discover at the last hour that the loan was secured against the bungalow. We had to find the £26,000 loan extra in order to move as it was in a chain, and we incurred costs. finally after 4years we have recieved £3,000+ compensation but that is it! We had been mis sold this policy and it is been recorded and on record that no mention of loan secured against the bungalow! after going backwards and forwards and the firm dealing with this has dealt with the Ombudsman they feel nothing can be done. Surely paying PPI covers all aspects of dealing with in the event of? This has made us ill and in our retirement years have this £26,000 loan looming over us and we thought buying and paying into a policy would cover this? Please hle[

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What condition did he have and was that condition excluded from the PPI please?