29905560
Law

I transferred a £43K via a company called Sanderson Clarke,

who worked with Omin Trustees... Show More
who worked with Omin Trustees and Henley Retirement Benefit Scheme. I have a letter to say I was on the scheme and another one that says that my new pension administrators are DBC Services. I also have a welcome pack from Group First PLC to and a floor plan of Burnley Storage unit run by Storefirst.com.

So I went to check up on it and find the following

Henleys website is on a holding page 'any enquires, email such and such'
Sanderson Clarke are no longer trading
omnitrustees.com is on a 123 reg.co.uk holding page
and DBC Pension Services did not take over and pulled out at the last minute.

As well as that, Storefirst do confirm that Omni Trustees had a pot of money and probably mine is in it and invested into the building. That much they can confirm and so pointed me to OmniTrustees lawyer XXXXX XXXXXstone at Metis Law in Leeds. So I phoned them up and he's avoiding my calls. I had also sent an email.

DBC Pension services gave me a mobile number to which the guy never gave me his name, pointed me to omnitrustees.com and there was no further communication after.

What do I do?
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Let me find out some more about these companies to see what can be done...

Customer:

Hello There.

Ben Jones :

Sanderson Clarke is now officially dissolved, something which happened at the beginning of this year. Basically the company no longer exists and has ceased to operate. It had only one director, a 26-year old Mr Ben Fox, who was previously a director of Jackson Francis Ltd, a company that used to offer the same services as SC. There is unfortunately very limited information about them online, not surprising since they were not active for very long.

It is of course a concern that this has gone all quiet and that the company with which you directly acted is now no longer in existence. It could be that this was a boiler room scam, where you invest in non-existent things and even though you may have received documentation to confirm where the money went, there is no guarantee that this was not just all made up, something that is all too easy to do and that happens frequently in such scams.

As you invested directly with SC and they are the ones you have the contractual relations with, they are also the ones you will have to pursue to try and get your money back. However, as they are now dissolved, that would make things tricky. You could try and get the dissolution overturned and bring back the company to the companies’ register, allowing you to sue them but it would depend on whether they have any assets left, which is unlikely. As you cannot sue the director personally you will need to pursue them company, although there are circumstances when you could go directly for the director but that is very rarely allowed and you are really looking at cases of clear fraud, rather than just negligent or bad advice received from them.

In terms of trying to contact the director of SC, he is currently a director of Portia Review Ltd, with an address of: Liverpool Business Centre,XXXXX Liverpool, L24 9HJ. He is also a director of Hudson Clark Ltd with an address of: 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW.

In the event this is a potential scam you could also report this by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on(NNN) NNN-NNNN1000 or by using the Boiler Room Report Form: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/doing/regulated/law/alerts/form.shtml

Customer:

Anything else I can do?

Ben Jones :

I presume the money was paid directly via bank transfer?

Customer:

I presume so. Transferred by the British Army to whoever

Ben Jones :

there is no easy way to pursue this unfortunately, the money was sent via a company and you must pursue the company or those behind it as mentioned above

Customer:

thanks

Ben Jones :

You are welcome

Customer:

A star as usual. Found out more than I could find. Maybe it was that Ben Fox on the mobile that refused to answer anymore [email protected]

Ben Jones :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX leads above will help you track him down

Customer:

hope so.

Customer:

You have a good week and I'm sure we'll chat about this again later.

Ben Jones :

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX best for now. Also for future reference you can start your question with 'for Ben Jones' to ensure it gets to me

Customer:

yer I will.

Customer:

Thanks again

Ben Jones :

No problem