12826847

Hi son of 24 gets caught morning after with alcohol in system.

Hi son of 24 gets caught morning after with alcohol in system. Hes in the army and need to drive. What is likely sentence

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What was his reading?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think 58

in breathe?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think so

If this is a reading of 58 then its not the highest the Bench will have seen. Its at the higher end of the lowest sentencing bracket.

He would only be fined for the substantive offence.

However, unfortunately he would be banned for between 12-16 months. He can shave off one quarter of that by doing the drink driving course that he will be offered.

I'm afraid the mandatory is mandatory though so the court has no discretion on the point.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/