75100385

FAO Alex Watts: Is requesting that the court considers the

Customer Question

FAO Alex Watts: Is requesting that the court considers the appointment of a McKenzie friend, is this done by way of a letter or is there a form that must be submitted?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You don't need permission for a Mckenzie friend, you just take one.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?
Customer:

Thn

Customer:

thank you

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
HiFor clarity you need to be aware that whilst there is no form and you cannot do anything in advance you DO need permission from the Court to use a McKenzie friendThe details are herehttp://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Guidance/mckenzie-friends-practice-guidance-july-2010.pdfClare