Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

i leased a building in october when the internal reform was

Customer Question

i leased a building in october when the internal reform was started the builders found 40 holes in the roof ,the land lord has tarpaulined this up ,it also has bricks falling out out side the damp course needs putting in the drive is breaking up and the agents just tell me to surrender my lease ,i cant do that as ive now spent 20.000 on reform and i dont want to ,i just want a safe building to work in ,they just keep saying they cant afford it ,if i stop paying my rent they will get me out ,please what do you suggest i believe the agents should never had rented this building as its not fit for purpose ,i am only responsable for inside according to my lease
i await to hear thankyou Allison
the use is now a hair salon
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask if the lease is a fully repairing lease or is the landlord responsible for the structure of the building in question?

Joshua :

Did you have a surveyor or schedule of condition prepared by a surveyor prior to taking on the lease?

Joshua :

What is the term of the lease?