In my first statement I pleaded not guilty to the charges of sexual assault by touching. I told the police officer I could only remember vaguely what happened but did not rule out the fact that I did meet the accuser on that day in the line of duty.
Things I will like to add to my statement:
1. 1 I was with her at my office to the paper work regarding an attempted suicide on the part of her family member
2. She mentioned that this was his second suicide attempt and had promised to try again if he was not allowed to marry the girl he wanted but the family insisted it was not possible as they felt she was not good enough for him and would find the right girl for him.
3. She went on to mention that she was a widow and had raised her children by herself indicating she had had a very difficult life
4. I felt sympathy for her considering the suicide and her own situation and promised to assist the family as best as I could.
5. We promised to stay in contact and we hugged and she left
6. She came back with the documents at some point I don’t remember exactly when but I think it was on two occasions
7. I did call her as promised once during working hours and once after but never spoke to her as the person responding gave the impression it might have been a wrong number
8. After that I never tried to contact her again as far as I can remember
9. I never did anything to her against her will or tried to molest her in any way. I was just trying to be friendly and supportive and if I went over the mark I sincerely apologise.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Whats your question about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a meeting with the police on the 14th of may and I would like to know if providing the above information will help as the lawyer provided at the station seems to think it does not matter as its a case of my word against hers but I know the police will have evidence I called her as my phone is been seized as evidence

The solicitor is right. The points that you mention above are all non issues. In fairness, most of the evidence gathered in police interviews does amount to a non issue so its not likely to be the only irrelevancy gathered but nevertheless it still has no relevance.

If this is an interview at your request rather than that of the police then you should withdraw that request immediately. An interview is just an opportunity to put your head in the noose. Every word you say will be scrutinised by the Crown for a means of convicting you. You have to comply with an interview to some extent but there is no point in offering interviews just to offer irrelevant information.

Even if there are points that undermine her in the factors that you mention above, all giving it to the police will do is give them the opportunity to take a further statement from her so that she can fashion her account to what you are saying.

Your solicitor is absolutely right. This will achieve nothing and its incredibly dangerous.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problem and all the best. This doesn't mean you cannot use that evidence. It just means that you shouldn't be offering the police opportunities to gather evidence against you.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry one more question, what is the worst case scenario and what is the best? This is the first time I have been accused of anything apart from an arrest for domestic violence which ended in a NFA no further action. Please advice on how best to defend my self

The worst is that you will be convicted and sent to prison and the best is that they will not charge you. Either could happen. It depends on the merits of the evidence.

I do think that despite the official position of CPS the spate of recent acquittals have probably taught them something about the consequences of charging rubbish though.