12826847

Hello, Im planning to move to London from Norway. I have

I'm planning to move to London from Norway. I have 3 kids, so is it possible to get any benefits,school for the kids, housing etc.
I need every tiny detail to be on the right track... If you think so, please do not hesitate to give me your answer.

Best regards,
Jacob.A

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Are you a British citizen please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

Now I´m not, I am a norwegian citizen, as i mentioned I´m moving to London from Norway, is it possible to get my kids in school, how long should i work to get benefits, housing etc...

Norway is in the EEA.

You have a right to reside in the UK as a worker or self employed person. From 1 March 2014, you may not be accepted as being a worker or being self-employed if your gross earnings or your profits in the preceding three months are less than a 'Minimun Earnings Threshold'.

If you are a former worker of an EEA nation then you can claim benefits if you are temporarily unable to work, starting a vocational course, retired, not working due to ill health or disability etc.

You also have to satisfy the habitual residency test.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,

what do you mean by former worker of an EEA nation ? Do you mean worker in Uk or in Norway?

How much the 'Minimum Earnings Threshold'?

What about my kids, can they start school and kindergarden?

JA

Well, it would apply in this case to the UK. Norway is an EEA nation so you have rights as an EEA worker in the UK if indeed you are a worker.

The earnings threshold isn't high. You just have to show that you are working at a level at which employers start paying national insurance - at the moment £150.

As long as you are an EEA worker, your children can start school as your dependents.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, is there any fees for the schools for EEA citizens?

Not if you are exercising your right to work here. They are your dependents.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks ... i do appreciate your answers.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will keep your profile, but incase i need more answers can i call you, or the contact mean is only on the net...

We can only have contact online under the rules of this site I'm afraid.

Please remember to leave feedback for my answer.