12826847

I have just signed contract with MGM/petchey to obtain more

Customer Question

I have just signed contract with MGM/petchey to obtain more points in order to get a five year deal to get out of our timeshare points contract, is this a legal contract.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is there any reason you think it may not be?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

When you say a legal deal, do you mean can they hold you to it or is it likely to work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the deal is ,we purchase more 43000 points to get us to 60000 point and after five years providing we pay the maintenance we can walk away, or continue to pay maintenance and walk away any year after. It dosn't get past down to family member if we should die.

Yes, I understand.

What I am asking is what is your question about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have signed the five year deal, if after five years will they say no we can't walk away.

Is this a dissimilar company from your timeshare ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

same company MGM/Petchey Liesure

Obviously I will not be able to tell you what this company will do. I have had no vision of their intentions and cannot answer for them.

However, if you are saying that the same company that owns your timeshare has offered you this deal and you comply with it then they cannot just retreat from it. If the offer is that you pay a bit extra to escape essentially in 5 years then they have to to honour that or you will be able to sue.

Of course, that is not to say that they may not try to escape and that you won't have to to go to court over it. That does happen sometimes.

However, if you have complied with the contract and that was the clear offer made to them they will not get away with it in court.

Can I clarify for you?

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/