29905560

is there anyone who could gelp me with online gaming website

is there anyone who could gelp me with online gaming website who refused to pay me my winnings and now is ignoring my messages

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What help do you specifically need?

Customer:

Hi Ben, I have signed up for an online gaming website royalgames.com which to my knowledge is registered in UK. I made a deposit and played some cash games. I was only able to withdraw my winnings if the turnonver was 4 x bigger than initial deposit. So I only withdrew my winnings (£140) after that happened. I recieved email from them saying my withdrawal will be processed via paypal within 14 days. I continue playing games, since then I won another £480. On 29th of April my account was blocked. When I asked for the reason they told me I need to provide copy of my ID in order to process the payment of the winning which I did. Then they said they received it, however their security system indicated I had previous experience in their gaming, so they asked if I had practice account with them, which I replied to that I didn't, however I played skill games online including facebook (they actually have got 2 similar games on facebook) for years. Since then, there is no reply from them at all.

Customer:

£600 is a lot of money for, I did research about them and it seems it's a common practice with them not to reply and close account without any notice.

Ben Jones :

ok so do you need to know the steps on taking the matter further basically?

Customer:

yes, I was wondering if writing to the gambling commision would help

Customer:

they don't have an address, they don't have phone number,

Customer:

the most frustrating thing is they just ignore me, they don't tell me what's wrong, they just say they need to 'investigate it'

Customer:

i told them I played these games in good faith, that I won the money in fair tournaments, when you play against a person with similar skills, I pointed out, that although I was winning at the beginning as my skills raised and I moved to a higher level, I started loosing as well, that I played different games and in some of them I was loosing all the time, so naturally I was only playing games when I felt I stood a chance to win!

Customer:

I am pretty despreta at this point, because I don't know how to force them to give me straight forward answer

Ben Jones :

ok give me a few mins please

Customer:

no problem

Ben Jones :

As you mentioned you could contact the Gambling Commission to make a complaint about the site, on the assumption that they have failed to deal with your complaint adequately. Details of how to do this can be found here:

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/gh-contact_us/complaints/how_do_i_complain_about_a_gamb.aspx

Looking at the terms and conditions of the site, it says that the company behind the site is actually registered in Malta, although checking Companies House here there are a couiple of companies with the same name that operate through the UK and their address is:

Midasplayer (Skills) Ltd and Midasplayer.com Ltd

10th Floor

XXXXXGiles

London

WC2H 8AG

If the GC does not help, then you can consider taking the matter further directly with the company and via the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps:

1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this.

Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far.

Customer:

ok, I just sent them yet another message via their website today, I will give them time till tomorrow to reply to that, then I will send them a letter,

Customer:

I obviously don't want to go to court, the money I won, is not worth the cost I would have,

Customer:

could you possibly have a look at the company T&C's and tell me if there is anything else what stops them from paying out the winnings

Customer:

I only found a reason that if you have got 2 accounts,

Customer:

also, if that company is registered in Malta, would the UK gambling commision deal with it?

Ben Jones :

That could take some time to go through and won't be covered by the original query I'm afraid so you will need to post a separate question. and whilst it says the company is registered in Malta, as mentioned there are mirror companies in the UK through which they could operate in this country and the GC could still deal with them

Customer:

I see

Ben Jones :

Can I assist any further?

Customer:

Well, I'm not sure at this point, to be completely honest I expected a bit more from a lawyer,as the information you provided I could find myself apart from the steps to take. I , lprobably needed the most help with reviewing the t&c, so they can't surprise me with saying that it's in their t&c. Thanks anyway, I will pay you the fee

Ben Jones :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the initial fee you only get 10mins which obviously would cover the conversation we have had so far and the information provided, if you want me to look at T&Cs then that would take some time hence why it won't be included in the initial fee - it's not that we can't do it, but it would have to be done as a separate query

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'