29905560

can you help me i had a phone of electronice london took to

can you help me i had a phone of electronice london took to long to come order 1 3 14 paid for form back card sent back same day with drive 14 3 14 but can get money back

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Sorry but it is not very clear from your original post what has happened, can you please clarify?

Customer:

my gson order a phone from electronice london gb on 13 14 paid on my bank card 1 3 14 take money phony came on 14 3 14 sent back with driver same day as he cancall it hasit took to lookn but not had money back he has email them and keep phony them that is my granson email if you need to talk to him he can tell you more about it

Ben Jones :

How much did it cost and was it a debit card or a credit card?

Customer:

179 95

Customer:

debitcard the one used for you

Ben Jones :

First of all you need to contact the shop and formally demand that the money is returned because they now have the phone and your money and it would be illegal to keep both.

Whilst it is usually credit cards that offer you protection against such issues, it is worth calling your bank to see if they can do anything to reverse the payment or offer you other protection where they could get you your money back.

If that is not possible and the phone still do not return your money then you need to follow these steps:

1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this.

Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far.

Customer:

ok thanke you

Ben Jones :

you are welcome