75100385

Hi, we are a company who is chasing an outstanding debt. This

we are a company who is chasing an outstanding debt.
This debt was held as retention for 1 year which is now due.
We have contacted the client and they have advised there is an outstanding issue with some work we did for one of their customers and the cost to put this right is redeemable against the debt.
This particular customer is one we did have issues with and in September 13 an amount was recovered via a deduction of a payment made to us.
There was also a letter from the customer advising of the action taken and it was detailed that the amount deducted was in full and final settlement as discussed with their customer, following a sight visit from their network manager.
Since then and to date there has been no further communication regarding this matter, until now when we have requested that the retention is paid in full as per terms and conditions.
Can you advise if it is legal for them to raise this issue again especially as full and final settlement was issued in Sep 13?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Assuming they accepted full and final settlement they can NOT rely on it again
Alex Watts : Full and final means just that - they can not revisit it
Alex Watts : So no, they can not reopen the issue if a full and final settlement was reached
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?