I am facing court over a speeding offence. I am going to plead

I am facing court over a speeding offence. I am going to plead guilty and willing to take what ever punishment is given....
Do i need a solicitor or legal representation?
Also is it better to appear in person rather than by post ?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was pulled over by police for doing 100mph on M6 toll motorway @21.30 on 19.04.14. It was NO other traffic and conditions were good. I didnt intend to go so fast and it was only for a short period of time (i was already slowing down when i was aware of the police) they followed me for 1mile and measured my speed before pulling me over.

I am not going to try and argue about it thus i am looking to plead guilty.

I also know i quite probably face a ban.

my 2 questions are

1) should i be considering legal representation ?- As already said i dont intend to fight, just take whats coming to me.

2) Is it better for me to attend court rather than plea by post ?

Do you have any other points on your licence please?

When did you pass roughly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have a clean licence with no points and passed in 2005.

This was the 70 mph part of the M6 rather than the reduced speed zones?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it was the 70mph zone just north of Birmingham traveling south on the toll M6

You are actually probably not going to be banned. If you are doing 100 miles an hour in a 70 zone then you are facing 4 to 6 points or a ban of between 7 to 28 days.

You are at the very highest end of the sentencing bracket but I would expect 6 points and a fine. There is no specific aggravation here. This is a motorway so would not commonly contain vulnerable road users apart from possibly motorbikes.

Legal representation is always better but obviously it does rack up cost.

You will find that a barrister under public access will be many times cheaper than a solicitor.

In terms of attending court, that always depends. It certainly right to say that the person who attends court smartly dressed and behaves respectfully XXXXX XXXXX bench is better off than the person who stays away and pleased by post but a person who attends and is abusive or, of course, just says something in mitigation that amounts to aggravation would be better off staying away,

Experience: Over 5 years in practice