12826847

I am 77years old and i had a disabled parking bay outside

Customer Question

I am 77years old and i had a disabled parking bay outside my home for 12 or 14 years.In the summer of 2013,during road works on Lewes Road,Brighton,i went shopping,and when i returned home,the workmen had placed a J C B machine on the disabled bay.I had to park further along Coombe Terrace.Each day passed,and i waited to see what the workmen were going to do.After some weeks they burnt out the disabled.I was not notified at any time this was going to happen.The first time,i got in touch with the Blue Badge people and told them what had happened to the disabled bay,they told me whoever had removed it,had no right to do so.All the phone calls i made to Brihton Council,and beleive me there were a lot.The person in charge of the road works told me they were going to put another disabled bay on Coombe Terrace.After some months they put one outside number3 Coombe Terrace,i live at 23,so the new bay was 20 doors away.Then had the nerve to send me an application form for a request,to have a disabled bay nearer my address,i would have to pay ten pounds,wait for up to one year for an answer,and there was no guarantee i would be offered a new bay.I am hoping you can advise me. Sincerly Mrs Eunice XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Brighton Council to replace the disabled they removed from outside my door,with one nearer my door,instead of one 20 doors away.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where Brighton Council allowed to remove my disabled bay without informing me of their intentions.

Well, I presume its a public bay for any disabled user?

Its not allocated to you personally?