75100385

Hello, my name isXXXXX am a web developer living

Customer Question

Hello, my name isXXXXX am a web developer living in Staines, 38 years old. I have a story regarding the BBC, indian tv (ZEE TV, Star TV) and sky television and the radio. Basically, way back in 1997 I was watching television when the presenters decided to start talking to me, sitting at home, directly from their studio. The type of situation I am talking about is similar to how Noel Edmonds used to talk to people from his tv show(this show was on a very long time ago, I think it was called Noel's House Party?). This was different however, and to cut a long story short I didn't end up talking to the presenters on the program. My problem is that for whatever reason, the tv and radio, since then have never really left me alone and have been quite nasty and bullying towards me and my family. What I mean is that whenever I switch on the tv or radio, they will slyly start talking about me on their program. This has been going on for 17 years now and I wonder if I can talk to someone about this problem. I have tried contacting the BBC and Sky directly but get told nothing is happening, then when I contact ofcom they tell me nothing is wrong. Please advise me on what to do, I realize this seems like a very unusual situation and it is for me, I dont really know what to do any more. A recent example was I was listening to a football match broadcast and one of the commentators called me a 'paki'. I am of indian origin so you will understand how upset I was by this. Please could you help?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You have posted this question in the legal section - is that right?

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

Hello, yes I have posted in the legal section

Alex Watts :

OK good. So in short the TV and radio is talking directly to you, have I understood you?

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

yes that is correct

Alex Watts :

Ok - may I ask why you think they would do that, what is it do you think they want to achive?

Alex Watts :

* achieve *

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

I think they want me to talk to them

Alex Watts :

Have you written to the various companies and asked please?

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

I have written to the various companies, the BBC said I was wrong and they could not talk to me

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

they siad seek help elsewhere

Alex Watts :

Ok - are you not satisfied with that reponse?

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

no not at all

Alex Watts :

Ok - so what would you like to achieve?

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

I want these companies, the tv and radio companies to let me live my life the way I want to in peace.

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

I want the tv and radio to stay away from me bascially

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

It sounds so strange but it is really happening

Alex Watts :

Ok - if it went to Court what do you think a Judge would say?

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

have no idea, would probably tell me i am crazy

Alex Watts :

Of course as you can imagine TV programmes cost millions to make

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

yes i know

Alex Watts :

You would need to convince a Judge that they produced TV shows just to talk to you which cost millions

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

how would i do that

Alex Watts :

They have also confirmed they do not do this and I can not think of a reason why they would want to do this

Alex Watts :

But if you think you are likely to lose, the downside is that you would be expected to pay for their legal costs if you lose

Alex Watts :

That could be tens of thousands of pounds.

Alex Watts :

Have you approached your Doctor about this please?

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

okay

Alex Watts :

Have you spoken with your Doctor?

Alex Watts :

It may be that there are many reasons that you are thinking this

Alex Watts :

It could be that you have a lot going on in your life, there may be a hormone inbalance or stress

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

i have spoken to my doctor yes he says there is nothing wrong

Alex Watts :

Have you been for a psychiatric assessment?

JACUSTOMER-qeou3w21- :

no

Alex Watts :

Ok - ask your Doctor for that or you could pay private.

Alex Watts :

It may show up a disorder of some sort.

Alex Watts :

But I do not think from what you have said, why a TV co would spend millions just to talk to you

Alex Watts :

I would therefore request this

Alex Watts :

I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation and I am sure you will find there is too

Alex Watts :

But ask for this and I am sure you will get it resolved.

Alex Watts :

But if it went to Court you are likely to lose and be out of pocket

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/