75100385

My husband is going to court for 300£ fraud, what are the

My husband is going to court for 300£ fraud, what are the consequence?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What are the circumstances please? Does he have any previous convictions?

Customer: He went to IKEA to buy a new bed and he put another barcode on the sofa to be cheaper
Customer: Yes 4 years ago he tryed to steal from XXXXX XXXXX and he got a warning
Alex Watts :

Ok.

Customer: Please help me because I'm very stressed, I'm very sensitive :( I didn't know about this, just found out
Alex Watts :

Is that the only other matter?

Customer: Yes
Customer: And he admitted
Customer: Just want to know the consequence
Alex Watts :

ok

Alex Watts :

If he pleads guilty he is likely to get a reduced sentence

Alex Watts :

The starting point is a Community Order (so not prison)

Alex Watts :

The range is a fine to 6 weeks prison

Alex Watts :

This is a single transaction not involving targeting of a vulnerable victim, no or limited planning

Alex Watts :

Therefore given the value and the lack of previous which he was just given a warning for I think he will either get a fine or a Community Order.

Alex Watts :

It is highly unlikely he would go to prison for £300

Alex Watts :

Customer: He plead guilty, he regrets and he learned a very good lesson. So no prison?
Customer: As long as is not prison I'm happy.
Alex Watts :

Yes.

Alex Watts :

prison is very unlikely indeed.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer: No, thank you very much for the prompt reply
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/