13262538

My daughter was in a brief relationship which resulted in a

My daughter was in a brief relationship which resulted in a pregnancy. can the babies father ask the court to order her to allow him to take the baby who is only 10 days old overnight?
What contact has the father had so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Initially at the hospital then twice for a couple of hours at babies home

There is no set pattern of contact since every child and every family is different
At this stage - with the baby still newborn - little and often at home is the best option.
As days turn into weeks the time will extend and move outside of the home for short periods
As weeks turn into months then it will extend further
Overnight contact - assuming that he has suitable accommodation - is many many months into the future - maybe years if the babe is clingy and difficult
You can read more on this site
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou one last question will a judge order that he can take baby out of her home for contact?

Is there any reason why not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because he has no experience of looking after her and she is so young he is a irresponsible driver, and baby is in a routine and only fed and cared for by mum, we will be happy to let her go with him when she is older but she is very young and only knows mum

There is no risk of this happening immediately - but over the next months yes it will move away from mum - even if only to a local contact centre