12826847

im at wits end my husband and his ex wife daughter of 31 died

Customer Question

im at wits end my husband and his ex wife daughter of 31 died at his home age 31 sudden me and my husband had separated this was nearly two yrs she had a flat which she paid mortgage she had a man live with her as friends he became ill and cus her flat was 1st floor he got a bungalow from council she was working part time he asked her to move into bungalow to look after him and told her to rent her flat out and it was refurbished by some friends of his new bathroom kitchen etc and rented to a women and child the price for work was about £5000 my husband use to be a carpenter builder told his daughter it was fair price this was june 3 wks after this my husband daughter was thrown out of this man bungalow as her flat had a tenant she was homeless when my husband found her she had been sleeping rough so he bought her to his home the second morning he went to wake her up and she was dead my husband became nxt of kin as she died in his home my husband and ex wife did not mind the tenant in there daughter flat but then she would not pay rent so my husbands ex wife who has money paid for probate and got tenant out which cost his ex all togeather £3600 they put flat up for sale and sold with in a week then the trouble started there daughters friend went to the land register to stop flat being sold as he said he had paid for builders we saw the bill and it said he had paid £9000 in cash estate agency passed it on to a solicitor in Nottingham we have asked proff he paid £9000 cash but no joy he on benefits said his mom lent it why pay £9000 cash why not check flat is now sold but money cant be released as this man wants his money there £28,000 by the time we pay solicitor and ex wife her £3,600 approx. £21,000 and to finish this matter it would be split up 3 ways my husband ex wife and and man get just £7,200 each to be fair we had e-mail today saying he refused wants his £9261 she wants us to offer him £8,000 which I don't think he will accept she said we could go to court but would cost lots of money we would rather pay his ex wife £3,600 as she has her receipts and if it not for her the flat would of been reposed and there of been nothing and solicitor and leave the money in bank there this man has told many lies saying my husbands daughter and him a couple but we know they did not he did not tell council she was living there as he was on benefits and she worked we feel this solicitor is not helpful she only works part time hard to get hold of and we are in Wolverhampton we really need a solicitor close to home who is expert in this field it hurts me to see these people lost and a man who wronged there daughter still pulling the strings he did not come to her funeral and never paid anythink to her flat I cant understand why the solicitor cant contact the builders to see why the bill was paid cash and have they got it on there books as proof any way that's basically it thankyou if you cant help at least could you tell me what kind of solicitor does this field sorry have looked at the builders bill he paid£8,641cash but he asking £9,261

Do you accept that this man did pay the £5,000?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes we do accept the bill was approx. £5,000 but he got the builders who are his friends the bill was in his name for my husbands daughter address then when she died and he stopped the sale we got the bill to say it was £8,641.55 cash he paid i went to a meeting with my husbands ex wife as my husband was in hospital we was to meet with this man and his solicitor the man did not turn up but we could not help hearing his solicitor shouting on the phone to him so say he wanted his money as we had offered £4,000 as we left the meeting saying we required proof from builders and his first letter from his solicitor he had used his personal savings but at meeting his mother lent it him so we asked that we see a bank statement to that effect we had not much I feel this solicitor is not helping at all and her bill is getting higher our solicitor says we take him to court why dosnt he take us if he has all this proof also our solicitor wrote this letter 5march giving him 21 days open for acceptance to split money even 3 ways but he its been 9 weeks for reply he wants £9621.00 above the bill

What restriction is in place to prevent the distribution?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't really know I gather when this man knew the girl Lindsey was dead he went to the land register to say there was money owing to him to prevent us selling it. we were going to rent it to a family member when the tenant left but they decided they wanted it to go as to upsetting not sure but he must of been told that if he done this the property could not be sold all I know iis the money is in our solicitor bank they cant touch it nor us till this resolved but dixons the estate agent got there money for selling flat I could e-mail solicitor to ask this is so complicated all I know he has this bill which he said he paid he through her out made her homless this couple are broken her mom lost her job as a prisoner officer medical reasons and her dad well he very poorly does this make sense have we rights to go to this solicitor boss and say we not happy with there service and appoint some one who is always there ur closer to our home we did not pick these dixons did you must remember we were grieving and cannot move on till this is resolved this is not just money if this man had bank statement to say here I paid builders we would pay we only have a bill they could of wrote any amount

Yes could you ask the solicitor what sort of Restriction has been Registered and what type of claim this man has made
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well have emailed his ex she will show me tomorrow and let you know then as getting reply from our solicitor got more chance talking to god she not in office till nxt Tuesday thankyou this is the first time ive done this at least ive tried many times you do somethink and someone comes along and says you could of done this thankyou clare have to put my husband to bed till tomorrow carole

That is fine - we will try and work through it together