75100385

Is it normal for a small private individual company not to

Customer Question

Is it normal for a small private individual company not to be registered (no VAT registration or any registration on paper) and not having proper bank account?

Two quotes (£350 and £550) have been given to us but sadly, the "scrouger" end up to do a poor work, assessed by the police and an expert who valued the work at £150.00.

He was supposed to do the £550 job but he decided to change to the £350 without informating the change BUT we ended it up paying £550.

But in the process of the job, the workers have literally destroyed one of the bushes and he managed to do minor jobs on his ladder, clearing the dirt in the gutters and repairing a second gutter from which water was dripping.

Thank you for your pieces of advice.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Is it just a sole trader please?