12826847

buying land

Hi I am going to buy a smal piece of land out-right in Northern Ireland, and would like to know is it possible for me to purchase the land without the need for a solicitor. And also what steps do i need to take? Thank you for your time

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How much is the land worth?

Are you raising the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not getting a mortgage for it just a 12000 personal loan! I haven't got the land valued! I

Is the loan to be secured by a charge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In my credit agreement it says: this facility is unsecured
There is no legal reason why you cannot deal with this without a solicitor.

You don't have to do any searches and you can simply pass the money over to the seller and heating give you the transfer deed which you subsequently register at the land registry.

You also need to make a Stamp Duty Land Tax Return.

If there is a problem with the land that would be shown up on a local or environmental search you inherit that problem.

For the sake of a few hundred pounds I would strongly suggest that you had searches done and used the solicitor.

If you are familiar with the land you may want to forego having the searches done but if the lender is going to seek your the money against the property, they will insist on searches being done.

If it is not being secured on the property there is no need to have them done.

There is another potential problem for you if you do not use solicitors and that is that you can give the seller the money and he may not actually give you the transfer deed or vice versa so there needs to be a universal element of trust between the two of you.

If you know the seller and trust the seller and the seller knows how to draft all the paperwork for you, he can give you the transfer deed and you can give him the money.

If you have never done it before, it is really not a job to be undertaXXXXX XXXXXghtly.