13262538

my grandaughter aged 14years &11months has been off school

my grandaughter aged 14years &11months has been off school since november last with
anxiety problems,her mother suffers severe depression.Three weeks ago my grandaughter
asked if she could stay with us for a short period as she &her mother were costantly
bickering,& she thought that a time apart would be good for both of them.Two weeks later
mother loaded all of her possessions into the car and dumped the at the top of our road,
ringing us to tell us they were there.Mother now wants her back grandaughter does not
want to return.
Do we have enough grounds to obtain guardianship?
Is there a local school that would take your grand daughter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes there is they would take her from 2ndjune.

Given that she is not in school are social services involved at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no.she is receiving one to one tuition three days per week arranged

by her school. she is receiving counselling organised by her school

Given her age your grand daughters wishes will be seen as being of great importance - and that coupled with the fact that she would be returning to school means that it is indeed likely that if you applied for an Order allowing her to live with you then you would be successful.
You should try and discuss matters with her mother using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) and a Mediator trained to also work with young people.
If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order - you will need the courts permission to apply but in the circumstances that will not be a problem.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details