Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
What is the defect and is it being serviced whilst repaired please?
The defect is a problem with the floor. We purchased the caravan from the local dealer in Dec 2012 brand new. We then took it to our site in Devon. Within in two months of occassional use the floor started to delaminate. I contacted the dealer who couldn't look at it until it was back at home which was October. We booked it in to be examined by the dealer who then reported the problem to the manufacturer. The manufacturer decided that it would need to be returned to their workshop in Lancashire to be repaired. So we booked it in for March 29th with the local dealer who did the annual service so it was ready to be collected by the manufacturer and taken to the workshop. It then took them three weeks to collect it and was collected on 23rd April. I was then told by the dealer who was told by the manufacturer that it would take one week to repair, two weeks maximum. The two weeks was up today. I telephoned the dealer as I had not had a progress report. They then phoned the manufacturer and was told that it was still in the workshop and should be finished by beginning of next week. To be fair we were told that they were three weeks behind at the workshop but I didn't realise they would take so long to collect it in the first place.
Thank you - what is it you want to achieve?
Basically we are out of pocket with site fees which we have had to pay even though the caravan is not sited at the caravan park. We are still paying finance on something that isn't fit for purpose and we have not been able to use. As a good will gesture I think the manufacturer should pay the service fee to the local dealer because of the delays we have experienced.
I have calculated the total cost for the weeks we have paid for and lost to be approx £300.
If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.
Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/