My landlord came into the house my wife and I rent, there was

Customer Question

My landlord came into the house my wife and I rent, there was no written notice sent to us, however my wife got a phone call from his agent asking if they could come in the following week to check the coving and a crack in the wall we reported over a year ago my wife said yes as we were going away for a few days, we came back home to find they had started decorating our spare room but not finished and they left a note saying they would be back the following Wednesday after the Easter bank holiday when we had visitors coming and the spare room emptied out the decorating took 4 weeks to complete covering the May bank Holiday as well, the landlord was doing the work his self one day a week when it suited him which caused my wife and I a lot of inconvenience as we had visitors on both bank holidays, we spoke to his agent via email complaining about this and could they get it sorted and spoke to the landlord once where do I stand in this situation

Regards XXXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was thinking of deducting some thing off the rent next month for the inconvineance they have caused over the past 4 weeks including the 2 bank holidays can I do this ?
Not usually.

What was the specific loss caused by this ? What was your actual financial loss?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No financial loss but had visitors over both bank holidays with the spare room out of action we had to sleep in front room and give the visitors our bed, we where not told they would be decorating and it would last 4 weeks !

For how many nights was the spare room out of action?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We came back to the house on the 16th April to find the room had been started ( we had been away from the house from 12/0414 till 16/04/14 plenty of time to complete it) and the room we believe is finnisded today 8th May 14 , the reason I say think it's finished is that you can still see the ariganal colour under Neath , like I said the landlord and his wife had been doing it one day a week when it suited them so a total of 22 days !
Ok. I do understand that but why does that render the room unusable?

Why can you not still sleep in it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The curtain poles had been taken down and taken away the bed had been striped and mattress taken out to keep clean so the room was bare and was never sure when they would be back to finish the job
Ok. Thanks.

If you can give me about 30 mins I can work our your rough losses.