75100385

Dear Sir/Madam I have a problem with my English School in

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam
I have a problem with my English School in London. I booked through the school a room in a residence. Yesterday I was evicted from the residence. Spending only 6 out of 12 weeks already paid.

The school refuse to return my money back because I broke our initial contract. Do you think that is legal?

Thank you very much.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you agree you broke the contract? What does the contract say about termination and eviction please?
JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

Hello Alex,,

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

I didnt agree to break the contract. In fact I haven't seen the contract and I haven't seen information about eviction or termination

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

I have booked with an agency based in Swizerland my trip to London. I have booked 3 months in a residence and English courses. I accepted this trip by email, so I haven't seen any contract.

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

Then the agency in Switzerland did my reservation to a school in London.

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

The rooms in which I lived in the residence is one from our school. The school booked yearly this room, so the money that I have given the school didn't go to the residence. Because they had already paid for it.

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

It is the school which has decided to evict me and not the residence, so the situation is a little bit complicated. I don't know with who I have a contract. If it is with the first agency, the school or the residence.

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

What I am trying to do now is to have a refund.

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

I'm trying to have the contracts to be sure that i can or cannot be refunded. The school just told me that it was impossible, however, they have given me no explanation or evidence of it. Do they have a legal duty to give me the contract ? Or more information about it? Because when I tried to acquire the contracts they told me that they couldn't provide them.

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

And is it legal to evict someone from one day to the another?

JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

It is really hard to explain the situation, I see that what I wrote you is really messy because a lot of factor are implicated. I'm sorry about that.

Alex Watts : But was there an attendance requirement please?
JACUSTOMER-4myi2h7g- :

What is an attendance requirement?

Alex Watts :

Were you required to attend so many sessions?