75100385

My name isXXXXX and I am, a Project Manager working

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX and I am, a Project Manager working for Land registry in Plymouth.

Recently I bought a car a Ranger Rover Sport SE – 2008, from a Garage in Cardiff - the vehicle was - 1 owner from new, 69900 miles - Reg 2008, fully serviced with the last service 600 miles before I bought it. A good deal, or so I thought. Cost £19,995.00

I have bought the vehicle on finance, putting down £3500 in cash and £500 for a part ex.

I have added an additional all parts, 3 year Gold warranty at a cost £995.00, which covers all parts and covers me up to the value of £2000 per claim

I picked the vehicle up on 26th May and was very pleased until the engine seized on Monday 5th May, some 8 days after I bought it.

Q1 This is obviously NOT REASONABLE – can I ask for my money back? And cancel the agreement – as I have now lost all faith in the car, the dealer and worry what else may go wrong etc
Q2 Does the dealer (Supplier) have the right to try and fix the car first? Does this overwrite my right to claim for a full refund?
Q3 Should I be informing the finance company of my intentions? – all they know at this stage is that the engine has seized

Thanks ever so much, as you will appreciate, this is a very emotive subject in the house at the moment.

Am happy to pop up if easier

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What have the garage offered, if anything please?