29905560

Hi, I worked as a teacher at a school for six years. Im

Customer Question

I worked as a teacher at a school for six years. I'm asking them for a few references because my future is a bit up in the air. I've asked them for references for two different supply agencies, and there will be a possible request in the future for a VSO application. The school provided 1 reference to 1 supply agency within 2 days, but have not supplied the other agency. The agency have been requesting the reference for 2 months. I've emailed and phoned the school. The school have said they will send the reference but have still not sent it. This is 6 years of my working life where I provided good service. Do I have any rights.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. what reasons if any have you been given for the delay in providing a reference please

JACUSTOMER-mjbt3n2e- :

The supply agency has been asking for a reference for two months. They say they only received the request a couple of days ago. I phoned them yesterday, and they said they would do it, but they haven't. I'm concerned because I've been waiting for a reference for two months. I understand that a company is not under obligation to provide you with a reference, but I'm wondering if they've already provided a reference to another company can I be reassured that they will provide another one.

Ben Jones :

OK thank you, XXXXX XXXXX it with me. I am in a tribunal today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you this afternoon. There is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank yo

JACUSTOMER-mjbt3n2e- :

Ben,

JACUSTOMER-mjbt3n2e- :

They've just sent through a reference.

Ben Jones : Hi, apologies for the delay there have been some technical issues with the site where I was unable to actually type anything in the response box for a while...hopefully you will get this. From your last message I see that they have sent a reference so I presume you no longer need help on this issue? If that is the case please let me know so I can arrange for a refund, otherwise I would still be happy to help if needed. Thanks
JACUSTOMER-mjbt3n2e- :

Yes this is the case. Thank you in advance for arranging a refund.

Ben Jones :

no problem, request has been sent to customer services, no need to reply to this message.