13262538

I have been chasing the CSA for a since November 2013.

Customer Question

I have been chasing the CSA for a refund since November 2013. My child support ceased on 4th September 2013, but payments of £509 were taken from my pay at the end of September, October, November and December of that year. I received a letter on 14 January 2014 requesting my bank details for the refund to be paid into, but despite telephone calls, the latest one today, they have not refunded any money to me.

Again, today I have been informed that my case is being looked at, but can get no definitive answer to how long this will take. Can you advise on any course of action that may help?
Have you made a formal complaint?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No formal complaint has been made yet

The starting point is always to write.
As you have discovered the phone calls simply get no definitive response.
So write a letter (and keep a copy) and set out what has happened and what you require.
If you do not get a response then start a formal complaint - also in writing
https://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@benefits/documents/digitalasset/dg_198866.pdf
If they phone you - follow it up with a letter
Keep copies of everything
Yo may also find this group helpful
www.nacsa.org.uk
I hope that this is of some assistance - please ask if you need further details