12826847

I agreed to purchase a left hand drive car from a company in

Customer Question

I agreed to purchase a left hand drive car from a company in Nottingham from their web site. It was confirmed by e-mail that the car had been reserved for me and I paid the deposit. A contract was signed and then the full payment was requested before delivery was made. That was 8 weeks ago and since then the company has led me a merry dance about the car but all the time promising to deliver it.
Yesterday they informed me they could not get that car and would provide another same model but a year newer however they gave me no details.
Because this is not the car I agreed to buy I have requested a transfer which they are refusing saying now they will get the original car but they already told me in an earlier e-mail this was possible.
What legal action can I take please to recover the money paid (£11,400).

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Have you contacted the company about this yet please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have requested a refund but they are refusing