29905560

Can you confirm whether this would be classed as an unfair

Customer Question

Can you confirm whether this would be classed as an unfair contract term:

My husband was offered and accepted a new job offer necessitating a vehicle to do his role. It wasn't until he started that the previously outlined "company car" was revealed to be a personal lease plan. He opted to pay a little extra to get a more suitable family vehicle and despite several requests to understand the terms and conditions neither of us could fully understand the scheme operated by his employer.

As he had started the role he felt compelled to proceed and sign the forms which included a £5k "loan".

He has since resigned and left the firm handing back the vehicle after 18 months and has been told he must pay nearly £4k towards the additional payments for the upgraded vehicle. Would this be classed as unfair terms and would it be upheld in law?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. can you tell me what it states in his contract of employment about the company car