12826847

hi i done a job on a customers car,removing the injectors which

hi i done a job on a customers car,removing the injectors which the customer took in and the firm reconditioned the customer received the invoice and paid cash,returning them to me which i then fitted this was nearly a year ago,after fitting them the customer said he didnt think the car was running as strongly as he thought i looked at the car and could find no obvious problem, he then returned the car to me with 3 weeks of the warranty remaining,as it had deteriorated with a misfire i removed the injectors and he returned themto the supplier ,after testing them he said it looked like the injectors had been tampered with saying they had marks on them consistant with them being on a wire wheel i said all i had done was to fit them, he went on to say that they wouldnt be covered by warranty,the customer phoned me to say this was my fault and is now taking legal action against me.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my customer wants me to pay for the injectors which are about £500 total plus fitting.

What is he saying you have done to the injectors?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no he hasnt said i have done anything to them but the suppier of the injectors says he wont honour the warranty as they appear to be tampered with.all i did is fit the reconditioned injectors that were supplied to me, and later removed to be handed back to supplier.

could you please tell me where i stand legally.

Well, it depends.

I am not sure why he says that you are liable. You didn't supply them. You didnt do anything to them. If its just that they are faulty then that is his problem.

The only time you would be liable is if you caused damage to them in the act of fitting them which doesn't seem to be what he is alleging.

If he provided the wrong injectors for you to fit then thats his problem rather than yours and you are not liable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just dont know what to do ,iknow i havent caused any damage to them but it is my my word against the suppliers and i cant guarantee that the customer hasnt had some one else have to do work on his car.

It depends if you are happy to fight this.

If you are then just refuse to pay and invite him to sue if he disagrees.