75100385

I am due to go abroad for my holiday this year I could be facing

I am due to go abroad for my holiday this year I could be facing a drink drive charge If I have to go to court Could they allow my holiday to take place if court date coincides

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Are you pleading guilty or not guilty please?

Customer:

If charged I would plead guilty but Im worried about a court date affecting my holiday which cost me £1700

Alex Watts :

Yes, if you are charged then you should ask the custody sergeant to avoid that particular date.

Alex Watts :

They have a number of dates they can give you.

Alex Watts :

But sadly if you are charged then you are on bail generally to attend on a specific date.

Alex Watts :

If you do not you would also be committing a bail act offence.

Alex Watts :

However if the date does clash and the Police do not move it, you could ask the Court to vacate that date and relist it for when you come back

Alex Watts :

But generally the Court may not have the file at that point.

Alex Watts :

So the best bet is to ask the Police, if charged, to avoid those dates

Alex Watts :

But take evidence with you that you are going away, don't just say you are going, take a booking confirmation or something

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Ok that seems to be the way to go should it happen. Nothing else thanks I am happy with your reply.

Alex Watts :

Good luck with this and I am sorry about the drink drive charsge

Alex Watts :

charge

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/