29905560

I WAS @POST .COM AND PAY£950 ADMIN FEE. IS THIS TRUE

Customer Question

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you please explain your situation in a bit more detail?
JACUSTOMER-gh801rh1- :

this lawyer say I was to inhertit a lot of money .she called and e-mailed me asked for id

JACUSTOMER-gh801rh1- :

then yesterday e-mail form to fill in and pay a fee to receive the money lest her fee

JACUSTOMER-gh801rh1- :

this all happen these last8 to 10 days

JACUSTOMER-gh801rh1- :

what that mean

Ben Jones : Do you have the name of the lawyer and which county they were in?
JACUSTOMER-gh801rh1- :

SELINA DAWSON phone number starts 44

Ben Jones : Ok thanks can you please leave it with me, I will do some research on this and get my answer ready then respond on here
JACUSTOMER-gh801rh1- :

OK

Ben Jones :

Thanks for your patience. This is definitely a scam. Such types of scams, better known as ‘advance-fee fraud’ are unfortunately very common these days and many unsuspecting people fall for them.

The ways in which such scams operate are as follows:

• You are contacted, usually out of the blue, and promised a large sum of money from an inheritance. The usual story is that you have a long-lost relative that has left money in their will, or a stranger has named you as a beneficiary in their will.
  • Before you are entitled to receive this sum of money, you are asked to pay certain fees, such as legal costs, administrative costs, taxes, etc. This is the advance-fee part of the scam. In reality, if you would not be expected to pay any fees upfront and the reasons stated are not genuine.
  • Another clue is the dubious methods by which you are expected to pay that money. Usually it is through Western Union, Moneygram, or by buying pre-paid cards or vouchers. All methods are commonly used by fraudsters as the recipient is extremely difficult, if not impossible to trace.
  • The people you are dealing with are not official in any way – I have checked and there is no lawyer registered in the UK with the name you gave me, also the email address they have used is not official as it does not belong to any specific organisation – it is just a free email that anyone can get in a matter of minutes.

If you wish to report this, all scams can be reported to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or by visiting http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud. You may also report this to your local police station as they are capable of dealing with scam reports.

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks