UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I applied to renew my passport and because the local post office

I applied to renew my passport and because the local post office didn't have the forms I tried to download them on my computer.
I found that you had to fill in the form to get a printout. I filled in the form on my ipad but discovered that my printer didn't have wifi and I couldn't proceed any further.
I then used my old computer to fill in the form and this worked and I printed of 4 forms.
I have now found my credit card has been deducted twice. 2 payments of £72.50.
When I queried this RBS said they couldn't refund the money.
I then got in touch with the passport office and was informed that because I had illegally claimed twice to renew my passport the passport could not be renewed and they were keeping the £145 I had sent them
I have no passport and have lost £145
There computer system should never of allowed me to claim twice.
I am 72 years old and have owned a passport for over 50 years and have never had this problem in the past.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

Did you explain to the Passport Office about your problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes

I would suggest that you make a formal complaint about thIs to the Passport Office in writing, you may do so by email or posting a letter, the procedure is set out below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/about/complaints-procedure

If you still do not get anywhere, you may involve your local MP and Parliamentary Ombudsman, the complaints procedure is here

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint

This is a genuine mistake on your part and you should not be penalised for it. You are not committing passport fraud as they thInk and once they know you are genuine, they should be able to sort it out.

Can I help further?