75100385

I have money in a capital account in a limited company, the

I have money in a capital account in a limited company, the sole director has just died and there is not enough money in the company to repay me. The director had personal property, do I have any rights on his estate ?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Was the money loaned to the director or to the company please?
Customer:

The money was loaned to the company

Alex Watts : Ok it's bad news then, you don't have a claim on the estate.
Alex Watts : Therefore you can't claim on the estate,I
Customer:

Thank you for your help

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer:

What if the director was trading without enough funds to trade, would he have any liability then ?

Customer:

I have a note from the accountants only just received that "there has been a going concern note placed on the accounts filed at companies house"