75100385

my daughter has been charged with drink driving but she was

my daughter has been charged with drink driving but she was not the driver and remained at the scene when her car was crashed into a lamp post the guy driving ran from the scene and is refusing to go to court and explain. she has given the police a no comment interview and due in court on 15/5/14 is there anything she can do

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Does she know who was driving please?
Customer:

yes she knows the guy but only socially and has no address for him, she was told by him he had a liscence but has nowbeen told differently which explains him running off

Alex Watts : Were there any witnesses or do the officers say they saw her drive?
Customer:

there were no witnesses and the officers say that two off duty officers saw her outside the car. she was also asked a series of questions one of which was who the driver was. she was the driver

Customer:

apoligies the above email was incomplete and the last part was meant to say she admitted to being the driver at the scene but gave a no comment interview. can this be challenged with out the other persons involvement

Alex Watts :

Well the difficulty is she admitted to being the driver.

Alex Watts :

If this was the case then the Officers evidence is going to be enough to convict.

Alex Watts :

Look at it this way, if she really was not the driver and there was a crash and she waited, why would she not say who was driving and why would she give a no comment interview? It makes no sense.

Alex Watts :

If someone was innocent they would put their side of the story in interview

Alex Watts :

And the fact she admitted to driving

Alex Watts :

Those things together certainly cause her difficulty.

Alex Watts :

Sadly she could fight it but in reality the Court is going to believe what an officer says over this.

Alex Watts :

There are real problems

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :