75100385

I was a director of a business that had to be put into voluntary

Customer Question

I was a director of a business that had to be put into voluntary liquidation due to severe cash flow issues and other company's going in administration - the situation also forced me into am IVA which I am 2.5 years into - the liquidator is now saying that some of the dividends taken when the company was running were unlawfu and are try to get added to my IVA for over £100k (the bussiness didn't owe any where near that in the first place. The other director settled for £17k which has been just used for liquidators costs in addition to the £6k we paid to start the process.
There is no way the IVA can stand £100k adding to it - it was only £30k

I work in the security industry so if I go Bankrupt I lose my job!

Help?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : In what way are they unlawful please?