Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Divorce eea

Customer Question

Divorce eea
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You would retain the right of residence in the UK if you were married for at least 3 years, including at least 1 year in the UK, or
The spouse / partner has the custody of child of the EEA national by a Court Order or
The non-EEA family has been a victim of domestic violence while the marriage / registered partnership was subsisting; or
The non-EEA family member has the right of access to a minor child and the Court has ruled that access must be enjoyed in the UK and for as long as is required.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hy, I would like to thank you for your answer, I came to the uk as a student ,I'd married in October 2011 ,I had applied for spouse visa in February 2012 ,I had still expired in aug 2012 ,at the same time I got my RC for five years which is expiers in August 2017, I separated with my Eea last may 2013, we still married, but I think I have to divorce, now but still haven't finished 3 years now it's,2,5 year , there is no way to resolve my marriage ,as I have another EU partner,what do you. Think , do I have right for ROR ?as I lived with my ex for 20 month , I don't know what to do,thanks

If you have another EU Partner, you are fine, you just need to apply for a new residence card if you want on the basis of your relationship with the new partner.

Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hy,but what about the previous relation, we still married

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello , but if I started divorce after 3 years, my ex said don't have problems to assist, please advice, the situation , Thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cancel , thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hy , I just would like to get information about retain right in the uk , I am non Eea married to Eea who wants to divorce now after ,2 years and 10 months my ex send the petition to the court , the question is if the three years rules counts from the divorce start , or finalized, thanks