How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question

Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Divorce eea

Customer Question

Divorce eea
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

You would retain the right of residence in the UK if you were married for at least 3 years, including at least 1 year in the UK, or
The spouse / partner has the custody of child of the EEA national by a Court Order or
The non-EEA family has been a victim of domestic violence while the marriage / registered partnership was subsisting; or
The non-EEA family member has the right of access to a minor child and the Court has ruled that access must be enjoyed in the UK and for as long as is required.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hy, I would like to thank you for your answer, I came to the uk as a student ,I'd married in October 2011 ,I had applied for spouse visa in February 2012 ,I had still expired in aug 2012 ,at the same time I got my RC for five years which is expiers in August 2017, I separated with my Eea last may 2013, we still married, but I think I have to divorce, now but still haven't finished 3 years now it's,2,5 year , there is no way to resolve my marriage ,as I have another EU partner,what do you. Think , do I have right for ROR ?as I lived with my ex for 20 month , I don't know what to do,thanks

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
If you have another EU Partner, you are fine, you just need to apply for a new residence card if you want on the basis of your relationship with the new partner.

Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hy,but what about the previous relation, we still married

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello , but if I started divorce after 3 years, my ex said don't have problems to assist, please advice, the situation , Thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cancel , thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hy , I just would like to get information about retain right in the uk , I am non Eea married to Eea who wants to divorce now after ,2 years and 10 months my ex send the petition to the court , the question is if the three years rules counts from the divorce start , or finalized, thanks

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice