75100385

hi there I am a serving soldier who on Friday night go into

hi there I am a serving soldier who on Friday night go into a fight outside a public house, I was a little bruised and beat up but honestly cant remember much, the police took me into the police car and took me back to camp without any charges. the next day my seargant major who is basically my boss has got in touch with the officer who has brought me back to camp and is now penalising me about what he has been told by the officer. I am woundering whether he can look into what happened and punish me for it when I havnt been charged with a crime ?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What is it you would like to know about this please?
Customer:

I would like to know is it ok for a police officer to have phone conversation with someone I work for about a incident that accoutred when I didn't get charged? I would also like to know if the person I work for can punish me in any way after speaking with the officer, i.e me been aggressive and so forth when like I stated I haven't been charged ? thank you

Alex Watts : What was the basis of the conversation with the employer please?
Customer:

the employer phoned up asking the officer his opinion of the incident, and taking his word for persinals point of views

Alex Watts : Ok. Was this person a witness?
Customer:

no the police officer was not at the scene and of course my boss was not there either

Alex Watts :

This may be a breach of the Data protection act then in that case.

Alex Watts :

Unless the officer was making enquiry to further the investigation they are not allowed to talk to anyone else about it and indeed solicit a view

Alex Watts :

Therefore this would be a breach of privacy

Alex Watts :

As such you could complain to the Professional Standards Department of the Police who can investigate the matter.

Alex Watts :

You are unlikely to get any compensation given the nature of the breach but the PSD can look into this and discipline the officer if appropriate.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

thank you that is great help

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/