12826847

Hi I just had letter from child suppoert agency saying they

Customer Question

Hi I just had letter from child suppoert agency saying they want 72pound a wk. I am self employed. On average last year I made 380 a week. But I need to pay for a van tools an fuel. So how can they base it on what I earned in the whole year. I even work weekends so this has made it worse for me
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

How many children do you have and how many nights a year do you have them? What were your gross earnings for the last year including what you paid in tax and NIC bit excluding any pension contributions?

The amount you pay is based on these issues.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't submited my self asessment for the last year they based it by the year before. I don't know exactly. I have 1 daughter who I been refused access. I had agreement threw solicitor an she stopped plus I haven't got the money to take it further so I have no access at all. I feel stuck like the systems all 1 way. I don't pay for pensions.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The CSA assessment is based on your gross earnings. Can you tell me what your gross earnings were for the year that you did submit an assessment!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would have been around the 20k mark. It's ok them using it by that but am self employed I spend money on my work before I make money. So am earning a lot less
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Your gross earnings means your profit before tax. What is that figure?