UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, I am an Acca student. Its likely that I will be charged

Customer Question

Hi, I am an Acca student. It's likely that I will be charged with an offence of harassment. If I am found guilty what effect it will have on my possibility of becoming a me er of that accounting body.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

There is no yes or no answer here, it will depend on what the ACCA disciplinary committee decide to do. However, it is considered to be misconduct outside your profession, which is less serious than misconduct in your profession e.g. Harassing a client or committing fraud whilst practising.

You will need to declare the conviction when applying for membership and then see what happens. Further information here

http://www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/PDF-members/2012/2012c/Convictions_factsheet.pdf

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is the range of penalty they impose. What is the likely response in this case ?
There is no set penalty as such as each case depends on its merits.

You may be let off without being penalised as well, depending on why you committed the harassment.
You will only know when you approach them.

Hope this helps