Hi Jo, what further information do you require?
I keep entering my e-mail address and a red notice comes up saying it is an email address from another account holder. Not sure why! I do not want to miss out on your response
Hi Jo. Do you have an answer to my original question regarding the time share issue yet?
PS: I will sort other issue of account [email protected]
I needed to know if I still have to pay £5,500 to Monster.travel, even as I withdrew the contract. They are saying I have to pay as the deadline for withdrawal is 14 days, of which I did. However they are saying it has not been received. I e-mailed a copy of the withdrawal yesterday, but they are telling me it is not acceptable.
Please can you assist.
Yes it did, they gave me documents relating to the withdrawal of which I completed and posted back to them.
What do you mean 'on the point'? Is it specific instructions, if so yes. However I did not send it recorded which is what they keep asking me, and I told them I did not as it did not state on the form about proof of posting. It was only 2 pages.
They have now sent me an e-mailing asking if they can ring me
No they did not tell me exactly, they just gave me the withdrawal form amongst the other paperwork.
I filled in the on-line withdrawal form yesterday with exactly the same information that was on the one posted.
What is UCTA?
The fact that they are saying they did not receive the posted cancellation form, I was not informed of this. The only reason I found out it was not received was when they contacted me asking for the full amount. Surely the e-mailed one would suffice. The e-mail was after the 14 day cooling off period, but the posted one was within the 14 days. Still within 30 days.
Do I need any other sort of legal advice if they do decide to sue. This is really making me ill.
Thank you Jo.
I may need to speak with you again.
Hi Jo, can you confirm you received my 'question' this morning attaching the e-mail from Monster.Travel. I cannot find it, unless it went onto another page, as I started from the beginning.
I send a message to you this morning attaching the reply e-mail from Monster.Travel. I was not sure if you received it.
Please see below:
As discussed, I did speak to you and you did indicate that you were going to withdraw however you as the customer are responsible for ensuring the correct procedure if followed. The withdrawal instructions are very clear advising that the notification should be sent to :- Hollywood Marketing SLU, CC Fanabe Plaza 340, Avenida Bruselas, 38660 Costa Adeje , Tenerife. I can assure you that no notification has been received at our Bournemouth Office You informed me that you no longer had your original contract so I sent a copy purely for your records , to which you backed dated the notification which is not acceptable.
On speaking to yourself and your husband at the time of signing the agreement it was made very clear by yourself that this agreement was solely yours ,as was the original purchase of the Timeshare Ownership. You did also advise that you was already retired so I am slightly confused as to your comment in the email in which you state your employment status has changed. Our standard documentation asks the customer ¨ is this purchase affordable and how are you going to fund this to which you advised that this was affordable and that this would be a cash purchase¨ ( as opposed to customers that may need to finance the purchase ).
Whilst we would always endeavour to conclude business amicably with all of our customers ultimately the contract is enforceable. I am sure your legal representative will confirm that you are fully liable for the monies due as agreed and I assume that you will update me as soon as your Barrister has got back to you.
I am going to be away from the office until Tuesday and would ask that should your Barrister need any further details to contact me on my return.
There is play on words!! I said I was retired from working inthe future. I am only 59yrs old and cannot officially retire until I am 67. With regards to me saying is was a cash purchase was probably only said under pressure, although I do not recall that comment.
Oh dear, stupid mistake on my behalf, I know now, but just assumed they would forward it on. Looks like I will have to pay the money then. Thank you Jackie
It looks like I will need to engage with a Solicitor, I think this may be the only other way to go. I have heard of a solicitors firm called TLW Solictors who work on a no win no fee basis. Is this a good ideal?
Thank you again for your help
I have contacted a no win/no fee company and they have they would not take it on, and probably no one would.
Ok I will. I will also come back to you with the outcome