12826847

Hi there, I need to know what the penalty is for driving

Customer Question

Hi there,

I need to know what the penalty is for driving an 18 ton (fully tested and just undergone a Vosa Roadside with no problems) skip lorry for moving my own skips for my own company but without an o license?

Background info.
I bought the company 2 years ago and was told last year that I needed a new o license so applied, but they revoked the old license and are taking their time ( nearly 6 months) processing the new license, and have now lost it and are re submitting it to the commissioners office again! So in the meantime I have been hiring a truck and driving myself (as the owner of the business) to keep the business from going bankrupt. My own 3 lorries have not been on the road since they revoked the old license.

I would be very grateful of any info or advice.

Regards, XXXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Do you have any previous convictions please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not driving related but I do have a sexual touching offence that i'm on probation for still.

T Clark

I presume you are charged with driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence and probably no insurance too?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well they haven't said exactly, but VOSA keep pulling me over and saying they are going to prosecute if i keep driving but have only said for not having a current o licence. Insurance doesnt say anything about having to have an o licence as the vehicle is insured for personal use aswell as business. My driving licence is current and has the correct catagory for the vehicle. The only problem is not having a current o license.

Regards,

Timothy Clark

You mean a current operator licence?

Why have they not acted against you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes a current operator licence.

I think they haven't acted because the traffic commissioners office have handled the application badly and the traffic examiner feels bad for me!

I will look this up when I get home if thats OK?