75100385

Throughout her childhood my daughter saved with a Post Office

Throughout her childhood my daughter saved with a Post Office Savings Investment account. She recently contacted the post office to enquire about her savings with a view to transferring this money. She was informed by the post office that they no longer operate these accounts, that they are now closed. The Post Office advised that her savings have been transferred to NS & I Banking and that she contact them in order to retrieve her money, they supplied a contact number.
My daughter contacted NS & I and she was asked to write to them providing details of the account etc. along with the savings book and the money would be transferred to her account. My daughter sent these and received a phone call asking for a home address. My daughter said she could provide this address on the phone but NS & I said they required a letter. My daughter sent this but heard nothing for several weeks. As my daughter is at present working abroad I contacted NS&I on her behalf. They informed me that they had no record of this and that my daughter would have to fill out a form. I sent this form to my daughter rand she sent this back, she heard nothing. My daughter has contacted them several times and their responses range from having 'we have no records' to 'yes we have the bank book but we do not have your address'. This is despite being able to send forms to her address.
I have tried contacting NS&I who seemed happy to discuss this matter with me but when I challenged them about the above , they said that they can't speak to me anymore and must speak to my daughter.
I am now suspicious about what is going on here - can you advise??

Andrew Parry
Tel; 01334 828115

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Does she have the details of her old account please?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

Miss M Parry

Customer:

Post Office Invstment Account

Customer:

Account Number XXXXXXXXX /p>

Alex Watts :

I can't trace it for you

Alex Watts :

This is a question and answer site

Alex Watts :

Have you tried:

Alex Watts :

http://www.mylostaccount.org.uk/

Alex Watts :

They trace for you?

Customer:

The account is not lost. NS&I say that they have my daughters bank book and all the details about her account and that they are in fact holding this money so I can't see why they will not transfer this money to my daughters current bank account

Alex Watts :

On what basis are they refusing please? I can't quite understand?

Customer:

They seem to be repeating requests for information and want a letter from my daughter starting the process again, this is information they have been sent already, we sent additional photocopies of the bank book.

Alex Watts : Can't your daughter go through security then pass the phone to you?
Alex Watts : What she should do is this.
Alex Watts : Write formally and complaint. Ask that it is investigated as a complaint.
Alex Watts : That will escalate the matter for review.
Alex Watts : It may be someone from a different department looks at this.
Alex Watts : If you are not satisifed with the response then you can complain to the ombudsman
Alex Watts : They offer an independent service and are free.
Alex Watts : However they will have expected you to get a final reaponse from NS&I first
Alex Watts : Their website is www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Alex Watts : For more information on their complaints procedure please see
Alex Watts : https://www.nsandi.com/files/asset/pdf/complaints_procedure.pdf
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

I will get my daughter to send a letter of complaint and then if no joy will go to Ombudsman.

Customer:

Thanks for the info

Alex Watts :

Good luck with this

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/