75100385

i think i been scamed on face book and i have given some sensitve

i think i been scamed on face book and i have given some sensitve details out such as full name address date of birth and mothers name what can i do to proctec myself and stop them continuing.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i got in quite late on sunday morning and got a message from an old freind on face book name of tess fairburn which since i have found out her account has been cloned .on the message she said i think your name is XXXXX XXXXX list from a special network system and she had received 150k and said my name was on the list and she forwarded me a link with a lady called carla marie a proffesor from america who explained that i was on this list and would be happy to send over the moneys but would need to give her some information about my self ,as i did at that stage belive there was going to be any money from myself involved but once i sent my info she requied me to pay a clearence fund and tax which would be £2000 and alarm bells started.she is again trying to contact me this morning.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

This is a scam. It is called advance fee fraud.

After this £2000 there will be further taxes and charges to pay. The money does not exist.

There is no such thing as a clearance fund tax.

Therefore you should DELETE and IGNORE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the sensitive data i have given her was my full name and address and date of birth as well as my mothers name ifeel a little stupid about such an obvious scam,is this info going to cause me trouble later.

Ok - as long as it is not bank details etc you are ok.

But just delete and ignore.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience