75100385

hi, there are three partys in a the agreement on the sale

Customer Question

hi,
there are three partys in a the agreement on the sale of a property there is a delay from my payment of my share the price of the property was £175,000 reduced to £155,000 within 6 weeks with a catalogue of work to be done with out me being present in the arrangement of sale because of disagreement. i have been told by the estate agent that the vendor has approved for work men to do work on it . i would like to know is this legal without me recieving my payment ? they have been coming forward with all different stories every time i call up they tell me something different all the papers has been signed and approved do not no what the delay could be . what is your advice please

kind regards

carol renford

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : You mean the buyer is starting work and contracts have not been exchanged yet?
JACUSTOMER-gm65hypf- :

yes thats correct the sale has not yet been completed

Alex Watts : Have contracts been exchanged?
JACUSTOMER-gm65hypf- :

yes they have

Alex Watts : Have you completed?
JACUSTOMER-gm65hypf- :

yes i have done all i need to do which was signing the papers but i have not recieved my share and our solictors say sale is not complete but paper work is finished so what should i do ?

JACUSTOMER-gm65hypf- :

the other two parties which is my brother and my sister have agreed to let the buyer do work on the property with out my constent to any of this

Alex Watts :

Ah yes

Alex Watts :

You may be confused

Alex Watts :

Once contracts are exchanged, ie signed by all parties and formally exchanged then you get a completion date in the future

Alex Watts :

You dont get paid on exchange

Alex Watts :

You only get paid on completion, which could be several weeks later

Alex Watts :

You dont get paid on completition

Alex Watts :

But if exchange has taken place then this is a contract and the buyer has a legal obligation to complete

Alex Watts :

So usually people don't start work until completion but it is possible

Alex Watts :

Do not get confused between exchange and completition

Alex Watts :

You get paid on completition

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/