75100385

hi i wonder if you can help me i am running a pub witch i own

Customer Question

hi i wonder if you can help me i am running a pub witch i own the lease to but have to pay £10,000 rent quarterly we are keeping on top of the other bills but really struggling to pay the rent, what could i do about this as i know that alot of the other pubs in my area are paying half this and their pubs are alot bigger than mine. i have tried to ask for a meeting with the people running the company but he has refused to meet with me to discuss this

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is there a clause in the lease that allows you any room to suspend payments or reduce them please?

Alex Watts :

Is the lease in your person name?