12826847

Can bus cameras/videos be used to prosecute for an accident

Can bus camera's/video's be used to prosecute for an accident with a vehicle outside of London?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I recently have been accused of a minor accident with a bus which I can not recall and I've heard that camera or video evidence on the bus is not used to prosecute outside of London? I am in contact with police and insurance but wanted to find out if this is true?

It is generally true that bus companies outside London do not use CCTV. Its not exclusive obviously. It is a matter for the bus company.

However, London, being what it is in terms of troublesome activity, does tend to have a greater number of incidents and therefore an investment in CCTV cameras pays greater dividend.

If footage does exist though then it will be used if there is anything incriminating upon it and should be disclosed to you if there is anything exculpatory. The truth is that you have a much better chance of obtaining CCTV within London than without though.

Sorry if this is bad news.