75100385

I purchased a Nissan Navara D40 double cab new in 2005 for

Customer Question

I purchased a Nissan Navara D40 double cab new in 2005 for £24000 I now find the Chassis is completely rotten and not safe to drive, effectively making the vehicle worthless.Nissans view unsurprisingly is that its not covered by the warranty,however this type of vehicle is allegedly built for offroad and tough conditions.My Question therefore is have I got a case for compensation.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Was this only just recently discovered please?

JACUSTOMER-mfqzeatj- :

Yes about a week ago,since then its been off the road.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid to say

Alex Watts :

Under the the Sale of Goods Act 1979 goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of suitable quality

Alex Watts :

Clearly in this case they do not appear to be.

Alex Watts :

However under the Limitation Act 1980 you have 6 years to bring a claim for faulty goods for time of purchase.

Alex Watts :

Here you purchased in 2005. This means limitation runs until 2011.

Alex Watts :

This sadly means you are 3 years out of time

Alex Watts :

If you issue proceedings then sadly it would be struck out as limitation is an absolute bar

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

It does not stop you approaching Nissan to see if they would do anything for you

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/