UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My husbands estate has been in the hands of the solicitor for

My husbands estate has been in the hands of the solicitor for over 5 and 1/2 years, I have been told on numerous occasions that it is almost complete but cannot get completion. Just after Christmas I wrote and asked them to notify me of any problems or please complete within 90 days - I have received no reply and the 90 days were up last week. What do I do next?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

This is an ethics or professional misconduct issue if they do not reply to you or communicate with you and you may complain to the Solicitors Regulation Authority and complain that the solicitors are not responding to your queries and are not effectively discharging their obligations to you as the client.

See here how to complain, you may also complain to the solicitors using their complains process

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page

Can I help further?