75100385

Can a Muslim man marry two wifes are they both legal by low

Customer Question

Can a Muslim man marry two wife's are they both legal by low and can he make both live in his house what the English law state on that

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

No - in the UK you are ONLY permitted to have 1 wife

Alex Watts :

Therefore only 1 wife is allowed to be recognised in the UK.

Alex Watts :

You can live with whoever you want in your house, but by law you can only have 1 wife

Alex Watts :

You can't make anyone live anywhere in this country

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-wb9d95dc- : Yes thank u it's clear to me that one wife aloud but living with two women is it legal
JACUSTOMER-wb9d95dc- : Can the man in this case live with two women in his house one wife and one girl friend
Alex Watts :

Thats an affair

Alex Watts :

Whilst an affair is not illegal you clearly may be seen to have 2 wives

Alex Watts :

You can live with 2 people in the same house

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

JACUSTOMER-wb9d95dc- : Yes it's clear but why u always say u can't make any one live any where in the country
JACUSTOMER-wb9d95dc- : Sorry I mean the first time u answered u said u can't make any one live any where in this country
Alex Watts : Yes you can't force someone to live somewhere.
Alex Watts : Your question was 'can he make both live in the house'
Alex Watts : The answer is no, they can't be forced
Alex Watts : Does that clarify?
JACUSTOMER-wb9d95dc- : Like my husband is married to his wife legally in the country and I am his wife by Islam law yes I understand by English law I am an affair and we all in his house is that legal
JACUSTOMER-wb9d95dc- : But we are not forced but she can kick me out by law
Alex Watts : Yes.
JACUSTOMER-wb9d95dc- : Can she kick me out by low
Alex Watts : Yes, you are a lodger, you are not married
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/